At Coastal Lilly, we are committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of all visitors and users of the “Website”.
This Policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people who visit our website, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
We may change this Policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. By using our website, you’re agreeing to be bound by this Policy.
Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to email@example.com or by writing to Coastal Lilly Homewares, PO Box 3020, Blacksmiths, NSW, 2281
Who are we?
Let’s start by introducing ourselves. We are Coastal Lilly Homewares and began our business back in 2017 and our website coastallilly.com.au which provides you with the opportunity to purchase a range of goods online.
What personal information do we collect?
When you use the Coastallilly website, we may collect and process the following data:
● Information that you enter via our Website.
This includes all the information you provide at the time of registering an account on our Website (login details), subscribing to any service which we provide (eg email newsletters), searching the Website, placing an order on via our shopping cart and payment gateway, engagement in online chat and social media, creating wish lists for products, or requesting further information and contact. We may also collect and process information when you enter a competition or promotion, and when you report a problem with our Website. This information may include without limitation your name, postal address, e-mail address, password, telephone number, financial and credit card information, age, occupation, personal description, photograph, product interests and style interests.
● Transaction details from the Website and fulfilment of your orders.
● Survey responses
Please also note that certain technical information may be collected automatically, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or device to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
In order for us to keep improving the user experience to the site, we also may automatically collect data including full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream throughout and away from our Website (including date and time), search and view of products and pages, page response times, download errors, lengths of visits to certain pages, how you interacted with pages (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), browsing methods (including social media plug-ins), traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
We may from time to time receive data related to you from our connected associates (including suppliers, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies and fraud prevention service providers).
Coastallilly has been designed as a site suitable for a general audience. However, we do not permit purchases and interaction from persons aged under 13 years. Therefore it is our explicit intention never to harness data from children aged under 13. If you are aged 16 or under‚ please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information.
How secure is your information and do we store it?
As you know and is stated in our terms and conditions (insert link), the transmission of your information via the internet is not totally secure. We have taken all reasonable steps to protect your data, however, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted via our Website. Any interaction with our website is at your own risk.
We do not store your credit/debit card information. This will be stored with the payment gateway third party supplier. You can elect to save your credit or debit card details once you have ordered through the payment gateway and shopping cart should you desire. Each time you re-order, for your security you will be required to enter your CCV (your card’s 3-digit security code). Should you elect to store your credit or debit card details they will be stored with our trusted third party payment processor.
How do we use your personal information?
Rest assured that the information you share with us is leveraged to continue to improve and advance the service we provide to you.
From time to time, we may use this information to:
● Enable our responsibilities which arise from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from Coastallilly;
● Manage your account with us or to contact you directly about transactions, your account and orders;
● Update our customer relationship management software;
● Improve Coastallilly’s overall customer/user experience;
● Where you have elected to be contacted, we may market similar products to you, including permitting selected third parties to provide you with information about other products or services (including products and services that are co-branded or that we are associated with);
● Personalise emails that we send to you to ensure you receive only well targeted communication to include fields such as your first name, location and gender;
● Enable your participation in interactive features of our service at your discretion (including creating links to our website in your social media channels);
● Carry out market research and analysis;
● Inform you of changes to our terms of service;
● Improve our Website and to inform our internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
● Analyse the efficacy of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
● Confirm your identity, to minimise incidents of fraud;
● Maintain levels of security on our Website;
● Adhere to legal requirements including, but not limited to our Terms and Conditions of Sale and other agreements; or protect the rights, property or safety of the Website, any of our group companies, our customers or others.
How we use third party analytics and your information?
Improving your experience with Coastallilly requires us to employ a range of third party analytics, including, but not limited to: Google Analytics (more information about these features is set out below and at https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/).
You can opt-out of the Google Analytics features and customise Google Display Network ads using the Ad Settings.
As an added privacy measure, you can download and use the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
Google Analytics features include the following:
● Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting, we may use data from Google’s Interest-based advertising and/or third party audience data (such as age, gender and interests) with Google Analytics to target and improve our marketing campaigns, marketing strategies and our Website content.
● We may also use analytics and targeted advertising tools provided by other third parties, including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Adroll and Bing.
We retain the right to change, add or disconnect the analytics tools we employ without notice.
How we use your information to improve our messaging to you.
By understanding who our customers are, we can create more targeted and relevant messaging across our marketing endeavours.
Our website provides the opportunity to subscribe to several points of marketing, including, but not limited to our newsletter, competitions, surveys, social media connections and group discussions.
From time to time, we may request further information from you. Complying with this request is entirely at your discretion. This information may include: your age, interests, occupation etc. This information is regarded by Coastallilly as “personal information,” as described in this policy.
Sharing your information
We may only disclose your personal information:
● If you have consented for us to do so. For example, if you have agreed to receive marketing materials from third parties, or in respect of third parties’ (including co-branded or jointly promoted) products and services, we may pass your information on to the relevant third parties;
● If, in order to fulfill the terms of our transaction, business partners, suppliers, sub-contractors and other third parties require this information (for example, we engage third parties to deliver packages, to host our Website and to process card payments, and your payment information will be provided to financial institutions including banks and card schemes);
● To analytics and search engine providers (as detailed above) that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Website;
● If we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
● To protect our customers and Website from fraud and theft. We may pass on personal information that is required to make identity checks and personal information that we obtain from making identity checks (including information relating to your age, name and location), together with account information to organisations including law enforcement agencies, involved in fraud prevention and detection and credit risk reduction.
Amendments to this Policy
Transferring your information outside of Europe
As part of the services offered to you through this website, the information which you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the European Union (“EU”). By way of example, this may happen if any of our servers are from time to time located in a country outside of the EU. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the UK. By submitting your personal data, you’re agreeing to this transfer, storing or processing. If we transfer your information outside of the EU in this way, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this Policy.
If you use our services while you are outside the EU, your information may be transferred outside the EU in order to provide you with those services.
Review of this Policy
We keep this Policy under regular review. This Policy was last updated in Jan 2020.